The ASPG publisher is pleased to announce the selection of Prof. Elizabeth Behrman and Prof. Siddhartha Bhattacharyya, to Editor in Chief of the Quantum Computing and Applications (QCAA) Journal, effective Jan 2019.
Prof. Elizabeth Behrman is a Professor of Quantum Information Theory, Washington State University, USA. Professor Behrman's research interests and publications are broad, ranging from chemical kinetics and reaction pathways to ceramic superconductors to nuclear waste vitrification. She was the first to predict the stability of inorganic buckyballs and buckytubes, and among the first to design and computationally test models for quantum neural networks. Her major focus for several decades has been theoretical quantum computing, quantum information, and quantum control, particularly quantum machine learning and quantum AI. In this work, she is collaborating with colleagues in Mathematics, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and Chemistry, both at WSU and other universities. See also: http://quantumbusiness.org/focus-quantum-computers-supercharge-artificial-intelligence/ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEiVYZYrrEc
Selected Publications for Prof. Elizabeth Behrman
1. N.H. Nguyen, E.C. Behrman, M.A. Moustafa, and J.E. Steck, “Benchmarking neural networks for quantum computation,” submitted to Quantum Information and Computation (2018). arXiv:1807.03253
2. E.C. Behrman, J.E. Steck, and M.A. Moustafa, “Learning quantum annealing,” Quantum Information and Computation 17, 0469-0487 (2017). arXiv:1603.01752
3. E.C. Behrman, N.H. Nguyen, J.E. Steck, and M. McCann, “Quantum neural computation of entanglement is robust to noise and decoherence,” in Quantum Inspired Computational Intelligence: Research and Applications, S. Bhattacharyya, ed. (Morgan Kaufmann, Elsevier, 2016.)
4. E.C. Behrman, R.E.F. Bonde, J.E. Steck, and J.F. Behrman, “On the correction of anomalous phase oscillation in entanglement witnesses using quantum neural networks," IEEE-Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems 25, 1696-1703 (2014).
5. E.C. Behrman and J.E. Steck, “Multiqubit entanglement of a general input state,” Quantum Information and Computation 13, 36-53 (2013).
6. M.J. Rethinam, A.K. Javali, A.E. Hart, E.C. Behrman, and J.E. Steck, “A genetic algorithm for finding pulse sequences for nmr quantum computing,” Paritantra – Journal of Systems Science and Engineering 20, 32-42 (2011).
7. E.C. Behrman, J.E. Steck, P. Kumar, and K.A. Walsh, “Quantum algorithm design using dynamic learning,” Quantum Information and Computation 8, 12-29 (2008)
8. R. Allauddin, K. Gaddam, S. Boehmer, E.C. Behrman, and J.E. Steck, “Quantum simultaneous recurrent networks for content addressable memory,” in Quantum-Inspired Intelligent Systems, N. Nedjah, L. dos Santos Coelho, and L. de Macedo Mourelle, eds. (Springer Verlag, 2008).
9. P.K. Gagnebin, S.R. Skinner, E.C. Behrman, and J.E. Steck, “Quantum state transfer with untunable couplings,” Physical Review A 75, 022310 (2007); selected for the February 26, 2007 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology, available at http://www.vjnano.org; for the February 2007 issue of Virtual Journal of Quantum Information, available at http://www.vjquantuminfo.org.
10. E.C. Behrman, K. Gaddam, J.E. Steck, and S.R. Skinner, “Microtubules as a quantum Hopfield network,” in The Emerging Physics of Consciousness, J.A. Tuszynski, ed. (Springer Verlag, 2006.)
11. P.K. Gagnebin, S. Skinner, E.C. Behrman, J.E. Steck, Z. Zhou, and S. Han, “Quantum gates using a pulsed bias scheme,” Physical Review A 72, 042311 (2005); selected for the October 17, 2005 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology, available at http://www.vjnano.org; for the October 2005 issue of Virtual Journal of Quantum Information, available at http://www.vjquantuminfo.org; and for the October 15, 2005 issue of Virtual Journal of Applications of Superconductivity, available at http://www.vjsuper.org.
Prof. Siddhartha Bhattacharyya is the Dean of RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata, India and a Senior Research Scientist, Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic. Dr. Siddhartha Bhattacharyya did his Bachelors in Physics, Bachelors in Optics and Optoelectronics and Masters in Optics and Optoelectronics from University of Calcutta, India in 1995, 1998 and 2000 respectively. He completed PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from Jadavpur University, India in 2008. He is the recipient of the University Gold Medal from the University of Calcutta for his Masters. He is the recipient of the coveted National Award Adarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar for excellence in education and research in 2016. He is the recipient of the Distinguished HoD Award and Distinguished Professor Award conferred by Computer Society of India, Mumbai Chapter, India in 2017. He is the recipient of the coveted Bhartiya Shiksha Ratan Award conferred by Economic Growth Foundation, New Delhi in 2017. He received the NACF-SCRA, India award for Best Faculty for Research in 2017. He received the Honorary Doctorate Award (D. Litt.) from The University of South America and the South East Asian Regional Computing Confederation (SEARCC) International Digital Award ICT Educator of the Year in 2017. He also received the Rashtriya Shiksha Gaurav Puraskar from Center for Education Growth and Research, India in 2017. He has been appointed as the ACM Distinguished Speaker for the tenure 2018-2020. He received the Young Scientist (Science & Technology) Award from CSERD, India in 2018.
He is currently serving as a Senior Research Scientist in the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of VSB Technical University of Ostrava, Czech republic. He is also the Principal of RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata, India. In addition, he is also serving as the Professor of Computer Application and Dean (Research and Development and Academic Affairs) of the institute. Prior to this, he was the Professor of Information Technology of RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata, India. He served as the Head of the Department from March, 2014 to December, 2016. Prior to this, he was an Associate Professor of Information Technology of RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata, India from 2011-2014. Before that, he served as an Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Information Technology of University Institute of Technology, The University of Burdwan, India from 2005-2011. He was a Lecturer in Information Technology of Kalyani Government Engineering College, India during 2001-2005. He is a co-author of 4 books and the co-editor of 20 books and has more than 200 research publications in international journals and conference proceedings to his credit. He has got two PCTs to his credit. He was the convener of the AICTE-IEEE National Conference on Computing and Communication Systems (CoCoSys-09) in 2009. He was the member of the Young Researchers' Committee of the WSC 2008 Online World Conference on Soft Computing in Industrial Applications. He has been the member of the organizing and technical program committees of several national and international conferences. He served as the Editor-In-Chief of International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence (IJACI) published by IGI Global, Hershey, PA, USA from 17th July 2014 to 06th November 2014. He was the General Chair of several international conferences like ICCICN 2014, ICRCICN 2015, ICRCICN 2016 and ICRCICN 2018 organized by the Department of Information Technology, RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata and held at Kolkata, India. He is the Associate Editor of International Journal of Pattern Recognition Research and the founding Editor in Chief of International Journal of Hybrid Intelligence; Publisher: Inderscience. He is the member of the editorial board of International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology and ACCENTS Transactions on Information Security (ATIS). He is also the member of the editorial advisory board of HETC Journal of Computer Engineering and Applications. He is the Associate Editor of the International Journal of BioInfo Soft Computing, IEEE Access and Evolutionary Intelligence, Springer. He is the member of the editorial board of Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, B. V. He was the Lead Guest Editor of the Special Issue on Hybrid Intelligent Techniques for Image Analysis and Understanding of Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, B. V. He was the Lead Guest Editor of the Special Issue on Computational Intelligence and Communications in International Journal of Computers and Applications (IJCA); Publisher: Taylor & Francis, UK in 2016. He is the Editor of International Journal of Pattern Recognition Research since January 2016. He was the General Chair of the 2016 International Conference on Wireless Communications, Network Security and Signal Processing (WCNSSP2016) held during June 26-27, 2016 at Chiang Mai, Thailand. He was also the General Chair of First International Conference on Advanced Computational and Communication Paradigms (ICACCP 2017) organized by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim, India and held at Sikkim during September 08-10, 2017. He is serving as the Series Editors of IGI Global Book Series Advances in Information Quality and Management (AIQM), De Gruyter Book Series Frontiers in Computational Intelligence (FCI) , CRC Press Book Series Computational Intelligence and Applications, Wiley Book Series Intelligent Signal and Data Processing and Elsevier Book Series Hybrid Computational Intelligence for Pattern Analysis and Understanding.
His research interests include soft computing, pattern recognition, multimedia data processing, hybrid intelligence and quantum computing. Dr. Bhattacharyya is a life fellow of Optical Society of India (OSI), India, life fellow of International Society of Research and Development (ISRD), UK, a fellow of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), India and a fellow of Institution of Engineers (IEI), India. He is also a senior member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), USA, International Institute of Engineering and Technology (IETI), Hong Kong and Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), USA. He is a life member of Cryptology Research Society of India (CRSI), Computer Society of India (CSI), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Indian Unit for Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence (IUPRAI), Center for Education Growth and Research (CEGR), Integrated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ICCI), and Association of Leaders and Industries (ALI). He is a member of Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), UK, International Rough Set Society, International Association for Engineers (IAENG), Hong Kong, Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA), USA, International Association of Academicians, Scholars, Scientists and Engineers (IAASSE), USA, Institute of Doctors Engineers and Scientists (IDES), India, The International Society of Service Innovation Professionals (ISSIP) and The Society of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (SDIWC). He is also a certified Chartered Engineer of Institution of Engineers (IEI), India. He has been inducted in the Board of Directors of International Institute of Engineering and Technology (IETI), Hong Kong.